It’s been a long, cold, rainy winter. After your home has somewhat hunkered down and been exposed to the elements, it’s now time to give it attention, preparing it for warmer days ahead.
Home Maintenance Tips Inside
- Clean HVAC system and replace filters to improve efficiency and improve indoor air quality
- Clean or replace window screens to prevent pests
- Inspect basement or crawl space for leaks/moisture
- Ensure sump pump is working properly
- Inspect washing machine hoses and remove lint build up in the dryer
Home Maintenance Tips Outside
- Clean gutters and downspouts for proper drainage
- Trim back shrubs that are near the home
- Inspect caulking around windows and doors for signs of damage
- Touch up paint, stain, or wood finish
- Inspect wooden railings, stairs, and decks for wood rot
- Pressure wash siding and soffits
- Pressure wash driveway, decks, and patios
- Tune up landscaping equipment
- Remove debris from foundation vents and window wells
- Inspect roof, looking for signs or damaged or missing shingles and loose flashing
- Have your chimney inspected and cleaned
- Wash exterior windows to keep glass clean and clear
Spring maintenance is important for homes. It improves its efficiency and helps decrease the need for repairs and replacement. Caring for your home will ensure it continues to keep your family safe and comfortable. We hope these tips help as you spring clean your home this year.
Looking for a Rental Property?
If you’re looking for a new rental property or a home to buy in Clark County, WA, Zenith Properties NW is here for you. We’re a premier property management company serving all of Clark County, WA. Our knowledgeable staff provides a variety of property management and real estate services to the community. Contact us today to start looking for your new home or view our website to look at available properties.