Proudly Serving The Vancouver and Clark County Regional Area
Thank you for your interest in renting a home with Zenith Properties. Our goal is to consistently offer top quality rental homes to our tenants. An important component of the management process is to maintain a thorough and consistent screening process. Be sure to review our resident criteria before completing an application. Please note, all applicants must be at least 18 years of age. The application fee is $60.00 for each applicant and it is non-refundable. Once applications are submitted, they will be reviewed in the order in they have been received. Proof of legal source of income must be provided before being placed in line for approval.
Have specific questions about our rental criteria?Click below to connect with us!
Tenant ApplicationZenith Properties NW, LLC does not discriminate based on: race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, familial status, disability or source of income. We comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning Fair Housing. Up to three complete and properly submitted applicants who meet the screening criteria will be offered the opportunity to enter a lease in the order in which their application was received. When multiple applications are received for the rental of the same dwelling we may submit those multiple applications to our tenant screening company simultaneously. Although screened simultaneously, such applications will retain their original order of submission in the application queue and thus applications that satisfy the screening criteria will be offered an opportunity to enter a lease in the same order in which they were received. Upon being notified the application satisfied the screening criteria said applicant(s) will be offered the opportunity to enter a lease and pay a deposit to secure occupancy. Failure to promptly tender the deposit within the aforementioned time specified and/or execute the lease package, as offered, will result in the denial of said application and the next application satisfying the screening criteria in the queue will be given the opportunity to enter a lease. Please note that if your application is screened simultaneously as part of a batch of applications submitted to our tenant screening company an application ahead of yours in the queue may be offered the opportunity to enter the lease before you, even if your application also satisfies the screening criteria. If an application ahead of yours in the queue is offered a lease before you and executes the lease then your application will be denied and your screening fee will not be refunded. All other applicants will be notified. Again, please note - **THE $60.00 SCREENING FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE** At this time you may enter the queue for another property that is available to lease. You must satisfy the screening criteria for this new property; however, you do not have to pay another screening fee. Your application will remain open for 90 days. An additional background check will be required if it has been more than 30 days since your initial approval. You will be asked to provide proof of income if it has been more than 14 days since your initial approval. You only need to inform a property manager of your interest to be placed in the queue. Your position will be in the order in which the intent to lease the new unit is known.
General Tenant Requirements
- Valid photo identification required.
- A complete and accurate application with phone numbers. Incomplete applications will be returned.
- Each applicant will be required to qualify individually.
- Applicant must be able to enter a legal and binding contract.
- Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs or reporting a conviction for the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance will be denied.
- Any individual who may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of an individual, the complex, neighborhood or the property of others will be denied.
- The total security deposit required will be that of the least qualified applicant.
- The denial of one applicant will result in the denial of the entire application.
- Applications that are not self-employed that require more than a 50% additional deposit are automatically denied.
- Credit Scores under 620 are an automatic denial.
- Gross monthly household income must equal two and one-half times the stated monthly rent.
- Most recent and concurrent 2 paycheck stubs from your employer will be required. Verifiable income equal to 2-1/2 times the total annual rent will be required for unemployed applicants.
- Unemployed applicants will also need to provide an additional security deposit of 50% of the stated rental amount (Verifiable income may mean, but is not limited to: spousal support/child support, trust accounts, social security, unemployment, welfare, grants/loans.)
- Zenith may require additional proof for Unemployed applicants to verify income for the duration of the lease.
- Applicants with income in the form of investment accounts, pensions, and/or liquid assets, may require an additional security deposit of up to 500% or $15,000, whichever is greater.
- Applicants with income in the form of investment accounts, pensions, and/or liquid assets will require a minimum credit score of 730.
- Applicants with income in the form of investment accounts, pensions, and/or liquid assets will require proof of 1 years rent in liquid asset accounts and 5 years rent in brokerage investment accounts.
- Self-employed applicants will be verified through the state. A recorded business name or corporate filing is required. Verification of ownership is required. Zenith may require additional proof at management’s discretion. An additional security deposit of not less than 50% of the stated rental amount is required.
- The application will be denied if the legal source of income cannot be verified.
- Proof of legal source of income must be provided before being placed in line for approval.
- One year of current third party verifiable (non-family member) rental or mortgage history is required. Homeownership is verified through the county tax assessor. Mortgages currently reflecting a past due balance will require an additional security deposit equal to one month’s rent. Homeownership negotiated through a land sales contract is verified through the contract holder. (Rental references ending 12 months prior to the date of application will not be considered current.)
- Eviction-free rental history is required.
- Rental history reflecting past due rent or an outstanding balance will be denied.
- If a landlord gives a negative reference or refuses to give a reference, the application will be denied.
- Three (3) or more 72-hour notices within a period of one year will result in a denial.
- Three (3) or more NSF checks within a period of one year will result in a denial.
- Rental history demonstrating noise or other documented complaints will result in a denial when the landlord would not re-rent.
- (Exception: A biological or legally dependent child of the approved applicant(s) who is between 18-21 years of age does not need to have rental history, i.e. a student still living at home.)
Credit RequirementsA minimum of 2 positive lines of credit. A credit history showing no negative reports is required. A negative report is any item 60 days or greater (not including medical or student loans). Negative credit will result in an additional security deposit with the following guidelines.
- A credit file containing a discharged bankruptcy will require an additional security deposit equal to 25% of one month’s rent.
- 1 item of 60 days past due or greater, collections or garnishments will require an additional security deposit equal to 25% of one month’s rent.
- 2 items of 60 days past due or greater, collections or garnishments will require an additional security deposit equal to 50% of one month’s rent.
- 3 or more items will result in a denial of the application.
- You must have a credit score of 620 or greater with at least 2 positive reported credit sources.
- Any open bankruptcy that has not been discharged will result in the denial of the application.
- (Exception: A biological or legally dependent child of the approved applicant(s) who is between 18-21 years of age does not need to have established credit).
Criminal ConsiderationsUpon receipt of the rental applications and screening fee, Zenith will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant may be denied for the following:
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, to any misdemeanor charge where the date of disposition, release or parole, and no additional criminal charges, have occurred within the last seven (7) years.
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea, to any felony charge where the date of disposition, release or parole, and no additional criminal charges, have occurred within the last ten (10) years.
- Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the application process will be completed. Units will not be held awaiting the resolution of pending charges.
- (Exception: criminal vehicle or licensing records are not counted; i.e. DUI, fishing w/o license, etc.)
Denial PolicyIf your application is denied due to negative and adverse information being reported you should:
- Contact Background Investigations at 503.639.6000.
- If credit-related, contact the credit reporting agency listed on the denial letter.
- Request a correction if the information being reported is incorrect.
Other ConsiderationsAn application may also be denied, for one or more of the following reasons: Applicant(s) make any derogatory or offensive comments, and/or act in a boisterous, threatening, combative, and intoxicated or disorderly manner, during any phase of the inspection, meeting, application or screening process. Zenith Properties NW, LLC will not accept tenant-provided reusable screening reports (also referred to as “portable reports”). All applicants must meet the requirements per the Rental Criteria through screening that Zenith receives directly from Background Investigations.
Disabled Accessibility StatementZenith Properties NW, LLC allows existing premises to be modified at the full and complete expense of the disabled person. If the disabled person agrees to restore the premises (per fair housing guidelines) at their own expense to the pre-modified condition. We require:
- The applicant seeks the landlord’s written approval before making the modifications.
- Reasonable assurances (in writing) that the work will be performed in a workmanlike manner. Reasonable details regarding the extent of the work to be done.
- Names of the qualified contractors that will be used.
- Appropriate building permits and the required licenses must be made available for inspection by the landlord.
- A deposit for the restoration may be required.