Rental Criteria For Residency
Thank you for applying to live within our community. This criterion is provided to you to define the process we use to select our residents. Zenith Properties NW, LLC is an Equal Housing Opportunity provider, and seeks to process all applicants in a fair and consistent manner.
- Occupancy is based on the number of bedrooms in a unit. (A bedroom is defined as a space within the premises that is used primarily for sleeping, with at least one window and closet for clothing.)
- Two persons are allowed per bedroom.
- Positive identification with a picture will be required.
- Each applicant will be required to qualify individually or as per specific criteria areas.
- Inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial of the application.
- Any applicant currently using illegal drugs will be denied. If approved for tenancy and later illegal drug use is confirmed, eviction shall result.
- Any individual whose tenancy may constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of any individual, the complex, or the property of others, will be denied tenancy.
- Monthly income should be equal to three times stated rent, and must be from a verifiable, legal source.
- Twelve months of verifiable employment will be required if used as a source of income.
- Self-employed applicants will be verified through state corporation commission, and may be required to submit the previous year’s tax returns.
- Twelve months of verifiable contractual rental history from a current third party landlord or home ownership is required.
- Three years eviction-free history is required.
- Three or more non-payment of rent notices within one year will result in denial of the application.
- Three or more dishonored checks within one year will result in denial of the application.
- Rental history reflecting past due and unpaid rent will result in denial of the application.
- Negative or adverse debt showing on consumer credit report many require additional security deposits.
- Three or more unpaid collections (not related to medical expenses) will result in denial of the application.
CRIMINAL CONVICTION CRITERIA
Upon receipt of the rental application and screening fee, Owner/Agent will conduct a search of public records to determine whether the applicant or any proposed tenant has been convicted of, or plead guilty to or no contest to any crime.
Any of the following shall be grounds for denial of the rental application:
a) A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea for any felony involving serious injury, kidnapping, death, arson, rape, sex crimes and/or child sex crimes, extensive property damage or drug-related offenses (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell), or Class A felony burglary or Class A felony robbery; or
b) A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred with in the last seven years, for: any other felony charges; or
c) A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred within the last seven years, for; any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, property damage, or weapons charges or that is sex-related or drug-related (sale, manufacture, delivery or possession with intent to sell); or
d) A conviction, guilty plea or no contest plea, where the date of disposition, release or parole has occurred with in the last three years, for ; any “b” or “c” misdemeanor in the above categories or those involving criminal trespass 1, theft, dishonesty, or prostitution.
Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application process until the charges are resolved. Upon resolution, if an appropriate unit is still available, the processing of the application will be completed. No unit will be held awaiting resolution of pending charges.
You have the right to dispute the accuracy of any information provided to the landlord by a screening service or credit reporting agency. If you application is rejected due to unfavorable information received during the screening process you may:
- Contact the credit reporting agency to identify who is reporting unfavorable information.
- Correct any incorrect information through the credit reporting agent as per their policy.
- Request the credit reporting agency to submit a corrected credit check to the appropriate screening company.
- Upon receipt of the corrected and satisfactory information, your application will be evaluated again for the next available unit.
EQUAL HOUSING MANAGER:
Zenith Properties NW, LLC
PO BOX 871600
Vancouver, WA 98687
In the letter explain the reasons you believe your application should be approved and request a review of your life. Within ten working days of receipt of your letter, your application file will be reviewed and you will be notified of the outcome of the review.